Monday, August 18, 2008

Peaches on Sunday



We made these fantastic baked curried peaches last night to have with J's Indian lentils...oh, so yummy. It's quite easy and I strongly suggest them while the peaches are in season. (You people down in Austin and the hill-country have no reason not to!)

*the peaches we got at the farmer's market weren't quite ripe so I left them in the oven for a bit longer than suggested and they were perfect and not too mushy. Also, we used plain yogurt instead of ricotta cheese, vanilla yogurt would have been great too.

That's J, rolling the dough for our homemade nan we decided to do as well. What can I say...the man can cook!

If you're in brooklyn, I recommend the greenmarket in grand army plaza. recipe from design*sponge

3 comments:

Lauren W said...

Oh man, that sounds good! Too bad for me Josh is a steak-and-potatoes guy. Curry kinda freaks him out. Oh well... I'll still try to convert him, slowly but surely :)

kd-m said...

OH NO! when J was in NYC and i was still in TX i had major curry withdrawls because he cooks with it all the time! It's just so perfect...the smell, the taste, the color...o, the color!

Russ said...

Uhhhh, sounds more difficult than my tuna samich. For why?