Friday, August 22, 2008

Design History: WWII propaganda posters

Proof that design history is alive and well in today's urban culture.

I'm always fascinated with street art. I'm from west Texas and we don't get a lot of it out there, maybe that's why. There is just something about the fact that someone gave this stencil thought, took the time to cut it out and go spray it (multiple times) on the sidewalk of a busy street in Brooklyn. pretty awesome.

*If anyone knows the artist or a more specific date for this poster please let me know. I've been unable to find it so far.

disclaimer: I am not very political, therefore, I am not posting this as a part of some political agenda. It is strictly out of a love for design history, urban spray can art & really cool type.

1 comment:

Healthy Beginnings Montessori said...

With my morning bagel at the local corner market I enjoyed a SweatLeaf tea. As you may know, they always have a few brief words on the under side of the lid. Today it was...Loose Lips Sink Ships. I couldn't help but smile and think of you.
Just thought I'd share : )