Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sushi on Sunday


My dear friend, Beth, gave me a sushi-kit for Christmas...(ahem, last year, cough)...& we busted it out for the first time tonight. With the help of some vegan sushi recipes from the Post Punk Kitchen it eliminated the risk of preparing raw fish at home.

*you can probably tell by rice stuck to my fingers...& J's "angry sushi face" that our efforts were successful & oh so very yummy!

note: we live above a sushi restaurant so the smell of it (mostly the smell of old rice) in the apartment at any given time has proven to be a bit of a turn-off as of late...until tonight!

2 comments:

Lauren W said...

Mmmm... I love sushi :) Too bad cold rice freaks Josh out :/
It's ok, though. He'll fully support my habit, even if he doesn't join in on the fun.
Meanwhile... I've been meaning to talk to you about those pieces that you did forever ago with the tumbleweeds... Do you still have those photos? Anyway you'd be willing to sell me some prints?

annie (the little one is molly) said...

You little sushi wh***.
Ok, ok, so my venom is a poor disguise for my jealousy. John R. gave me a sushi kit in February of 2007, and um, I have also neglected the poor thing. And now, it feels too late and I am too scared that I will mess it up. forever. (Wow, jealousy and *guilt* and other unresolved issues, apparently!)

Tell me more! Was it difficult? How long did it take? Did you do it with confidence? or did it take lots of trying? Did you cry?? (Ok that last question might not be as relevant...)

mmmm sushi. I'm drooling now. It's only 8.15am here.