Friday, August 14, 2009

Annie & John's Reception Invites


Two of my dearest friends, Annie & John, got hitched in an intimate ceremony this spring. They're having a laid back reception in September & I got the opportunity to bust out the yudu for their invites. It was a learning process since yudu isn't quite like the screen printing I've done in the past though it's very similar.


John found these lovely envelopes in pine to complete the project.

When I was working on sketches for these I felt like I kept missing the mark. Then Annie sent me some of the wedding photos and her dress was absolutely amazing. When I asked Annie how much she "hearts" the pattern on her dress I believe her exact answer was "one-million hearts!" that's when I knew I finally had something that was going to work great for them. I used the vine-like beading on the dress as my inspiration for the invites. I love finding that perfect marriage (no pun intended) for a design, something that really fits the personality of the project & people that I'm working with.

*One day I'll share my yudu tips and the problems I ran into. I should also mention how glad I am to have the new apartment (nothing spacious but no longer a 450 square foot studio!) for lots of future yudu projects!

2 comments:

paperlust said...

beautiful work! so jealous of the yudu.... i keep spying my gocco that is currently collecting dust and think that i will someday bust out some prints. maybe this winter when i'm not able to tackle any outdoor projects... (btw, the hangtags are gorgeous!)

Anonymous said...

loving the hangtags too! such a nice lil addition to make them special! really great! and those envelopes are great, ive used them in brown!